tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tomás Tormo <tto...@indenova.com>
Subject Re: *SPAM* Re: How to change the CLASSPATH in tomcat 5.028 for a concrete webservice
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:39:44 GMT
Hi David

   I'm using tomcat 5.028 in Ubuntu 6.10 . I've written a java
applicattion wich uses a wrapper to communicate with an applicattion
written in C, wich is the "core" of my applicattion. Both the wrapper
and the core are third party applicattions, and because of that i don't
have the source code, I just have the API.

The third party sent me an example application wich uses the core. And,
as I could see in the script wich lauches the application, this folder
should be added to the classpath in order to be able to be located by
the wrapper applicattion. The documentation of the wrapper just says
that this folder has to exist with an specific name.

My problem is that my applicattion works fine launched from shell (it
founds the folder and uses the core perfectly) but it doesn't work as a
webservice. It is not able to find the resource folder (let's call it
"cfg"). As I can see in the catalina log, the application tries to load
the resources (via ClassLoader I guess) and then launches an exception
saying that is not able to find it. The client  gets a HTTPErrorCode0.

I think I've tried everything to make it find the folder, but I wasn't
successful. do you have any idea?

thank you very  much