tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tomás Tormo <>
Subject Re: How to change the CLASSPATH in tomcat 5.028 for a concrete webservice
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:16:19 GMT
Hi again

  I've tried to set the classpath in in order to have my own
classpath set when tomcat starts up ( I show it in as well
and it looks good). But my problem is that when I show it in my
webservice (using
System.out.println(System.getProperty("java.class.path"))) it is changed
again (it only points to a few jar files in /bin folder) and therefore
my webservice can't work properly. Shouldn't it be pinting to my my
/webapp/webservice/WEB-INF/lib folder as well? Does anybody know how to
fix this problem?

Hakan: I've tried the solution you gave me (create a script
called from but tomcat don't start up!

Thank you very much for your future answers :p

Tomás Tormo escribió:
> Hi Hakan
> First of all thank you for your fast answer ;).
> Do you mean to create an script called wich will set the
> CLASSPATH (by export CLASSPATH.. etc)? This script should be called by
> a modified
> By they way, I printed the CLASSPATH in my webservice (using
> System.out.println(System.getProperty("java.class.path")); ) and it
> says that my CLASSPATH is only pointing to a few jars in the bin
> folder, not even to my /lib folder in my webservice folder (I hope I
> explained myself well, I'm not using war files). Shouldn't it be
> pointing to my /webapp/webservice/WEB-INF/lib folder as well?
> Thank you!!
> Greetings!!
> Hakan Koseoglu escribió:
>> Hi Tomás,
>> Tomás Tormo said the following on 09/10/2007 08:26 AM:
>>> I would like to change the classpath for a concrete webservice in
>>> Tomcat 5.028 because the webservice has to use a concrete folder in
>>> order to work. This folder should be in the CLASSPATH in order to
>>> make the webservice work properly and because the webservice can't
>>> find it, it doesn't work.
>> With Tomcat 5, creating a solves the problem for me. It
>> gets called if you start the Tomcat using
>> Any variable you define there will be used, including the classpath.
>> We use it to point to the libraries which we don't put into
>> common/lib nor war files.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: