tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <delbd+jaka...@oma.be>
Subject Re: [OT] Correct action to take on log out
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2007 21:32:30 GMT
Here,

using container security, as such we do not provide for a "logout"
option. We see no need for a logout as there is no reason for our user
to change identity :) If you keep a session after logout, the risk that
might occur is that some datas that are to be considered "confidential"
remain in session of a now anonymous user. This can result in somewhat
incoherent access rules if you don't check them everytime they are
involved but only "once for session" :)

BTW, you don't need a session, i think, to collect usage pattern etc. A
simple valva that inject a marking cookie, different from session,
should be enough.