tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: tomcat usertransation
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:05:28 GMT
Disclaimer: I don't know any more about this than what's in the tomcat docs.

Have you tried to specify the <Transaction ... /> element in your
webapp's context.xml (not the one in conf/context.xml or conf/server.xml)?

Also, it appears the only valid attribute of the <Transaction ... />
element is the factory attribute.  I'm assuming all other attributes are
passed in to setters on the factory class.  Lastly, when you do
reintroduce the ResourceLink, it should probably be declared of type
UserTransaction since that's what I understand the factory method is
supposed to spit out.

I would try the simplest possible case first and then work from there.
Hope this gives you some fuel for thought.

--David