tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Garbage Collection and Class unloading
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 02:03:21 GMT
Others with more experience in the garbage collection may chime in, but
it's my impression that the garbage collection tends to have it's own
mind.  You can try to force it, but that's no guarantee it will garbage
collect anything.  I'd think your best bet is to clean out all the dead
in-house code and then thin out the dependencies until it stops
building.  If nothing else, refactor your code to pair down the multiple
versions of libraries.

--David