tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Fielek <jfie...@centriccrm.com>
Subject Re: Question about Session MGMT
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 20:25:53 GMT
That is because you have one session per browser session. If you open a
new tab, and log back in, the session is switched to the new user. If
you open another instance of IE/FF in another process, you should get
another session. if you open another type of browser (Opera, etc.), you
can log in as a separate user for that browser.

This is why you can log in to an email webapp, navigate away, and if you
return within the timeout for the email session, you are treated as
though you never left.

YMMV, because this may not be true of _all_ webapps :-)

--
Joshua J. Fielek
Sr. Software Engineer