tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Wm.A.Stafford" <staff...@marine.rutgers.edu>
Subject Re: Can two Tomcat web apps deadlock each other?
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 16:27:20 GMT
Peter,
    Thanks for replying.  I don't think server load is a factor but  I
will look into it.  What makes me think that load is probably not the
cause is that  when there are no startup errors everything starts and
runs as normal in the normal amount of time.  The problem occurs when
one app fails during startup. For  unknown reasons Tomcat either does
not get notified of the failure and is left some sort of waiting state
or Tomcat gets hung trying to shutdown the failed app.

    Thanks again for replying,
    -=beeky