tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexey Solofnenko <A.Solofne...@mdl.com>
Subject Re: Can two Tomcat web apps deadlock each other?
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 20:58:48 GMT
There can be a simple problem with locking - see
http://tomcat.apache.org/faq/windows.html#lock . On Linux the files are
usually not locked, so you can get "class not found exception" when a
jar file is replaced with a new one.

Ask administrators to get the stack trace (and check if CPU is at 100%
or not - maybe it is not a deadlock). Otherwise you can look for a
problem for a very long time.

You can also add try/catch with finite number of retries  around
connection code. Please  also check that your application shuts down
cleanly - no exceptions are thrown during shutdown (but they should be
logged) and preferably there are no finally() methods.