tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alper Sarı <al...@sabanciuniv.edu>
Subject Connection pooling reconnect problem
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 06:02:13 GMT
Dear All,

We have configured a portal system on Linux. In our system we uses
connection pooling to connect to different databases. One of them is
Oracle 9i. We have a problem with reconnection to the database.
When the database restart tomcat can't establish connection to them or
don't try to connect.

Our configuration is like below;

*System: *Linux RH AS 3

*Servlet container:* Tomcat 5.5.23

*Oracle driver jar name is:* ojdbc14.jar*
*
*Contex:*

<Context>
  <Resource name="jdbc/sabanci_portlet" username="xx" password="yy"
driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
url="jdbcracle:thin:@db.sabanciuniv.edu:99:xyz" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource" maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000" />
</Context>

*Catalina log:*

No more data to read from socket
FROM 'service.hr.rehberbilgilerim.RehberBilgilerimList. java' in
getCalisanBilgilerim
No more data to read from socket
FROM 'service.hr.leave.LeaveList.java' in getLeaveYear
Sep 2, 2007 11:21:18 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher
invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception

What do you think the problem is?

Thank you very much

Alper SARI
Sabanci University