tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christian Andersson ...@ofs.no>
Subject webapp getting encryption information
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 07:42:17 GMT
I'm sorry that I'm asking this directly without havinge done that much
research on this matter, but I'm hard pressed on time, and I'm currently
traveling so I have a very limited access to the net.

my question is as follows

I have an webapplication that the users are connecting to via https.
IS it possble for this webappto get information about the encryption
protocol (ssl2/ssl3/tls/etc...) and algoritms
(TLS_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5/TLS_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA/etc) used?

I'm currently looking at securing a website with different grades of
security depending on the type of connection (for example you need RSA
with 256bit key to access some parts but other parts you only need
3DES), so the the less secure connection, the less information/options
will be provided.

--
Christian Andersson - ca@ofs.no

Configuration and Collaboration for OpenOffice.org
Open Framework Systems AS http://www.ofs.no