tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat Connector: Attempting to map URI '/examples/index.html' from 0 maps
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2007 13:18:04 GMT
Evert Hoff wrote:
> Hi Rainer,
>
> I got it working at last. I went back to editing auto/mod_jk.conf. I put the
> following in there and it did the trick:

That's good.

> ===============================
> [root@server2 apache-tomcat-6.0.13]# cat
> /usr/java/apache-tomcat-6.0.13/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf
> ########## Auto generated on Sat Aug 11 15:05:16 CDT 2007##########
>
> <IfModule !mod_jk.c>
>   LoadModule jk_module "/etc/httpd/modules/mod_jk-1.2.25-httpd-2.0.59.so"
> </IfModule>
>
> JkWorkersFile "/usr/java/apache-tomcat-6.0.13/conf/jk/workers.properties"
> JkLogFile "/usr/java/apache-tomcat-6.0.13/logs/mod_jk.log"
>
> #JkLogLevel emerg
> JkLogLevel debug
>

> <VirtualHost www2.noteworthynewsletters.com>
>     ServerName www2
>
>     JkMount /manager ajp13
>     JkMount /manager/* ajp13
>
>     JkMount /docs ajp13
>     JkMount /docs/* ajp13
>
>     JkMount /examples ajp13
>     JkMount /examples/* ajp13
>
>     JkMount /host-manager ajp13
>     JkMount /host-manager/* ajp13
>
>     JkMount /dontstare ajp13
>     JkMount /dontstare/* ajp13
> </VirtualHost>
> [root@server2 apache-tomcat-6.0.13]#
>
> But, when I now restart Tomcat and it regenerates the auto/mod_jk.conf, then
> the changes are lost. Is there a way in which I can get the auto generated
> mod_jk.conf to contain the www2.noteworthynewsletters.com host instead of
> localhost? I tried changing the defaultHost attribute of the Engine element
> in server.xml to "www2.noteworthynewsletters.com", but that didn't work - it
> still generates it as "localhost".
>
> Or must I just copy it and not use the autogenerated file?

I don't know about the auto generated file. I thinks it's a nice idea to
get a starting configuration easily, but it will not be able to generate
a more detailed one. So I would suggest to move the auto-generated one
into your apache httpd config tree (and change the corresponding include
directive accordingly).

> Thanks,
> Evert

Regards,