tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dwayne <dwayneindivid...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Load Balancing Tomcat 5.0.X, hardware or software?
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2007 23:44:26 GMT
My vote goes to appliance, but Filip is completely correct, this is a budget
based decision.

The higher up in your architecture you deal with SSL the better in my
experience.  (especially in stateless farms)

I would look into L2 caching (like EHCache + Hibernate or Terracotta) if you
decide to build a LB yourself.

Good luck

Dwayne