tomcat-users mailing list archives

From bob.sm...@kolumbus.fi
Subject Re: How to integrate Apache HTTPD 2.0.x + Tomcat 6.0.x
Date Sun, 30 Sep 2007 12:20:00 GMT
Plant More Tree <markthien@gmail.com> kirjoitti:

> Hi guys,
>
>    I was trying to find some tutorial on integrating Apache HTTPD 2 + Tomcat
> 6 but has no luck. All of them just don't work. I found 1 here
>
> http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/5-steps-to-integrate-tomcat-55-with-apache-20/

> but doesn't work at all.
>
> Anyone pls kindly give a working tutorial here or got any website showing
> working example?
don't have a working sample, never done that. But as both use the http protocol, you need
apache (as described in the link you gave) to query the tomcat server. Then things depend
on which port youset tomcat to work on, by default on 8080. in the example given it was 8081.

ProxyPass /test/ http://localhost:8081/mytest/
ProxyPassReverse /test/ http://localhost:8081/mytest/

naturally you need to replace the above directories and port withthe one you are using on
tomcat.
as I see it the proxypass and proxyreverse lines give proxy access to tomcats application
which is accessable in /mytest/
hope this helps