tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject RE: Oracle Invalid Login Credentials
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2007 19:59:08 GMT
I don't know if you need it, but I'm going through some issues here in our connection(s) to
Oracle, and as a practice, I implemented a scheduler right away to shutdown Tomcat late at
night, wait five minutes and restart, to be safe and dump anybad threads on there.
And unfortunately I do get some on there. People not using the app the way it was intended!
: (

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Demieville [mailto:greg@pdccorp.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 2:48 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Oracle Invalid Login Credentials

We occasionally get 'Access Denied Invalid Login Credentials' when accessing
our application. Stopping and Re-starting Tomcat fixes the issue. We are
using Apache Tomcat 5.0.28/Java JDK 1.5.0.11/Oracle 9.2/JSP pages. Is there
a known issue with Tomcat and Oracle, or do we need to require the Tomcat
service restart as part of a maintenance schedule?

Thank you,

Greg Demieville

Senior Developer

PDC Corp.