tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Clifford Bryant" <CBry...@edgewater.com>
Subject Setting Up SSL on Tomcat
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 03:18:49 GMT
I am trying to set up Tomcat 5.5.23 on a Linux server to use SSL.  The
SSL port (8443) is uncommented in the server.xml.  And, I set up a
certificate.  I tried to navigate to the Tomcat startup page from
another (Windows) machine.  I can get to the HTTP port (8080).  But, I
get a "Server not found or DNS error" when I try to use the secure port
(8443).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Tomcat is running under
its own account on the Linux server, and not as root.

Cliff Bryant

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  This communication may contain
information that is protected from disclosure by applicable law.  If you are not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this communication to the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you believe that
you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify Edgewater Technology by
telephone at (781) 246-3343 and delete the communication from all e-mail files.