tomcat-users mailing list archives

From hairdawgg <>
Subject problem with accessClassInPackage exceptions with Java 5 web application
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 00:09:41 GMT

Hi All,

I have been upgrading our web application using (Tomcat 5.x) and our EJB
Container (weblogic 10) to java 5. While deploying the new java 5 compiled
war file in tomcat I get the following exceptions when I attempt to make
remote calls to weblogic 10:

Sep 7, 2007 10:32:53 AM org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreLoader load
INFO: Find registry server-registry.xml at classpath resource Sep 7, 2007
10:32:53 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 2547 ms
Error: access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission
Error: access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission

I am not sure to how these classes are blocked. I checked out the
java.policy and the files and none of these internal
classes have blocked access there.

I can workaround this problem by adding the access rights explicitly in the
java.policy file as so:

    permission java.lang.RuntimePermission
    permission java.lang.RuntimePermission
    permission java.lang.RuntimePermission

However I am not sure why I would need to do this as these are our internal.
Does anyone know of any issues with connecting to a Weblogic Appserver using
Tomcat and Java 5.

Please let me know if you need any other information.;

I would greatly appreciate any of your help. Thanks,

Harpreet Sandhu

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: