tomcat-users mailing list archives

From A Sunley <alan.sun...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with Tomcat 6.0.xx and JAAS and userContextClassLoader
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 19:24:51 GMT

Hello all,

We're using Tomcat 6.0.14 and we need to use JAAS for our webapp. We have a
custom login module and it's desirable for us to have the custom LoginModule
.jar inside the WEB-INF\lib directory of our webapp.

However with Tomcat 6 it appears we can only place the jar in the lib folder
of Tomcat, otherwise we get a 'SEVERE: Class com.devtest.auth.UserPrincipal
not found! Class not added' on startup. I can't find much information on
this issue, but the issue is perhaps better described here:
http://support.liferay.com/browse/LEP-2995;jsessionid=C72F970D8B99F4BD60185FB0A1567A8F?page=history

According to the link it is because Tomcat 6 performs a Class.forName()
lookup.

Is there anyway around this?

Thanks,
Alan.