tomcat-users mailing list archives

From thoalex <thcampb...@reviewjournal.com>
Subject Accessing external SSI directory in applications
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 20:40:07 GMT

I have a tomcat application that has server side includes embedded in the JSP
pages. For example the application called MyApp has references in the JSP
pages to a /ssi folder/page. So, for example, in index.jsp there could be a
reference to /ssi/header.html. Now what I wish it was doing was referencing
the /ssi directory as the path but instead it is referencing /MyApp/ssi. And
since this is not the only application on the server I assume that's how it
is going to have to be. However, the files in the /ssi directory are shared
between applications so I don't want to include the /ssi directory IN the
WAR file. I also do not want to use symbolic links. The directory is on the
same file system (say /myfiles/ssi) and there should be a way to reference
is so that when something tries to reference /MyApp/ssi/header.html tomcat
will pull the file from /myfiles/ssi/header.html. Again, I don't want to use
a symbolic link (unless someone can tell me how to get a symbolic link
embedded in war file). Any suggestions?