tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Schindler" <jeff_schind...@theprairie.com>
Subject tomcat startup w/ aggressiveheap option
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2007 15:21:00 GMT
Hello,

I have tomcat 5.5.23 running with Java 1.5.0.11 on Windows Server 2003 SP1.
I had been running tomcat 5.0 w/ Java 1.4.2 with the exact same Java options
(including -XX:+AggressiveHeap) and I never had issues with tomcat starting
up via the Windows service.  Now, if I try to start it up, it fails without
any error in the logs - if I take out the aggressiveheap option, it starts
up fine.  I have to reboot the computer to restart tomcat (I think it
actually starts up fine from the command line, but I'd have to confirm
that - I'd rather use the service, though).  I had another identical
deployment that exhibited this same behavior, but somehow magically fixed
itself after I disabled a couple of other services.  Are there any known
issues like this?

Thanks,
Jeff