tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Cronin" <mike.cro...@fax.com>
Subject RE: Different sessions between JSP and Servlets...
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 00:00:54 GMT
Thanks for the reply Hassan.

I definitely want this set up correctly, and I do intend to move the
<Context> elements out of the server.xml, but I have not been able to
successfully do so as none of the applications want to load from the
context.xml.

Mike

Fax.com
"The New Way To Fax!"
www.fax.com

Confidential: This electronic message and all contents contain information
from Fax.com, Inc. which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the
addressee(s) only.  If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy,
distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited.  If you
have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender by
reply e-mail and destroy the original message and all copies. Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hassan Schroeder [mailto:hassan.schroeder@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 4:16 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Different sessions between JSP and Servlets...

On 9/5/07, Mike Cronin <mike.cronin@fax.com> wrote:

> $CATLINA-HOME\webapps\a_subfolder\my_root\

> Within my_root there are a number of subfolders that contain various
> applications i.e. login, admin, reports and my WEB-INF.

1) defining Contexts within server.xml is discouraged,
2) appBase and docBase must not be the same,
3) so,  if you want to define your appBase as this:

    <Host name="my_site.com" appBase="webapps\a_subfolder\"/>

:: create a META-INF/context.xml file within your Context with
 <Context>
    <ResourceLink name="jdbc/OracleDS"
        global="OracleDataSource"
        type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
</Context>

NOTE: no path attribute and no docBase attribute should be used
in this case.

HTH,