tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jérôme Etévé" <jer...@eteve.net>
Subject Re: SSL and non-secure items
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 08:51:22 GMT
Hi !

 To avoid having that message (which can make your users insecure),
all the resources you use in your page must be served by the securized
server. This includes css, javascript, images , etc.

Go through your code and you might find some resources which uses full
unsecure http:// urls.

I don't know if one can avoid this message programmatically, but as
soon as it's a security feature, I doubt it.

Jerome.

On 8/28/07, is_maximum <mnrz57@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi experts,
>
> I have a web application configured to be secured by ssl, the problem is at
> some pages the browser displays a dialog box as a warning that says, this
> page contains both secure and non-secure items do you want to display
> non-secure items? and the user has two options yes and no.
>
> actually, this page is a table like a grid contains information, and it is
> paged so user can navigate between pages and for each page this message is
> displaying.
>
> my questions are,
> 1- why this message appears?
> 2- how can I find which items are non-secure?
> 3- how to prevent this message to be displayed programatically?
>
> thank you very much
> --

Jerome Eteve.
jerome@eteve.net