tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kim Albee" <mtita...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does anyone have an approach to checking if Tomcat instance is UP?
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 22:04:12 GMT
Tracy,

The JSP does a call to a method in our app -- which if it runs, that means
the app is up and available -- the method does a simple query against the DB
and then returns a status of OK if the method runs through just fine.

In our example from this weekend -- the health.jsp (which is the one that
does this check) ran and returned a good result, but the main
index.jspreturned the 500 error with the OutOfMemory exception.  So
that is what is
confusing here.

thanks,
Kim :-)