tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stephen.Mor...@nab.com.au
Subject Re: Installing APR on Fedora
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 23:46:28 GMT

Hi Ole,
        I may be wrong but I think the command, based on what you have
listed below, should have been:

                 ./configure --with-apr=/usr/lib/ && make && make install

        The other problem that I think you have is that given you are
compiling, I think it is looking for the source & header for apr, hence
depending on how your distribution does things you may need the apr-devel
packages. The naming conventions that my distribution uses indicates that
the apr packages you have indicated are the binary files. Assuming you are
compiling Tomcat all that may be necessary is to copy the .so files that
provide the apr api's into the appropriate Tomcat lib directory depending
on which version of Tomcat you are trying to use.

Stephen Morris
Security Technician, IT Security Access Management
Technology Security & Risk, National Australia Bank

Level 8, 800 Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Tel: +61 (0) 3 8634 1755   |  Mob: 0438 537 569
Email: Stephen.Morris@nab.com.au

Ole Ersoy <ole.ersoy@gmail.com>
16/08/2007 08:02 AM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>

users@tomcat.apache.org
cc

Subject
Installing APR on Fedora

Hi,

I'm trying to get the APR native capabilities working on Fedora.  I first
checked that apr and opensll was installed like this:

[ole@ole ~]$ rpm -qa | grep apr
apr-util-1.2.8-7
apr-1.2.8-6

[root@ole native]# rpm -qa | grep openssl
openssl-0.9.8b-12.fc7
openssl-devel-0.9.8b-12.fc7

Then I try to compile like this:

[root@ole native]# ./configure && make && make install
--with-apr=/usr/lib/
checking for working mkdir -p... yes
Tomcat Native Version: 1.1.10
checking for chosen layout... tcnative
checking for APR... no
configure: error: APR could not be located. Please use the --with-apr
option.
[root@ole native]#

And like this:

[root@ole native]# ./configure && make && make install
--with-apr=/usr/lib/apr-util-1/
checking for working mkdir -p... yes
Tomcat Native Version: 1.1.10
checking for chosen layout... tcnative
checking for APR... no
configure: error: APR could not be located. Please use the --with-apr
option.
[root@ole native]#

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
- Ole

National Australia Bank Ltd - ABN 12 004 044 937
This email may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
immediately notify us at postmaster@nab.com.au or by replying to the sender, and then destroy
all copies of this email. Except where this email indicates otherwise, views expressed in
this email are those of the sender and not of National Australia Bank Ltd. Advice in this
email does not take account of your objectives, financial situation, or needs. It is important
for you to consider these matters and, if the e-mail refers to a product(s), you should read
the relevant Product Disclosure Statement(s)/other disclosure document(s) before making any
decisions. If you do not want email marketing from us in future, forward this email with "unsubscribe"
in the subject line to Unsubscriptions@nab.com.au in order to stop marketing emails from this
sender. National Australia Bank Ltd does not represent that this email is free of errors,
viruses or interference.