tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Caine <step...@commongrnd.com>
Subject Removing the port identifier
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 21:50:06 GMT
Is there a way to remove the port number from a https request where
the original url looks something like this:

https://host_name:8443/

The approach to change the server.xml file (where the connector port
is changed from 8443 to 443) is not practical for us.  When this is
done, Tomcat requires the root user to run.  We consider this a
security risk.

We have considered a port forwarder, but we are unclear whether to
install this on the Tomcat server or router.  In any event, we are
not at all sure this is the best approach.  Any advice will be
appreciated.  Our operating system is Mac OS X.

Thanks,

Stephen