tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alex Cheung <>
Subject tomcat embedded 5.5 localhost alias
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 00:25:28 GMT
I am using tomcat embedded 5.5 to demo a web application on cd.
I can't figure out how to change the URL string fromhttp://localhost:8080/..... to http://myHost:8080/......
addAlias and setHostName dont seem to work.
following are my host creation code:
        // set Engine properties        baseEngineName = name + "Engine";        hostName
      = name + "Host";
        baseEngine.setName(baseEngineName);        baseEngine.setDefaultHost(hostName);
        //set host        // ** host name doesnt seem to change the url **        baseHost
= embedded.createHost(hostName, WEBAPPS);        baseHost.addAlias("myHost");        baseEngine.addChild(baseHost);
Please tell me how to change the default localhost URL string or point me in the right direction.

(i searched google and came up empty)
News, entertainment and everything you care about at Get it now!