tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alex Cheung <qwee...@hotmail.com>
Subject tomcat embedded 5.5 localhost alias
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 00:25:28 GMT
Hi
I am using tomcat embedded 5.5 to demo a web application on cd.

I can't figure out how to change the URL string fromhttp://localhost:8080/..... to http://myHost:8080/......

addAlias and setHostName dont seem to work.

following are my host creation code:

        // set Engine properties        baseEngineName = name + "Engine";        hostName
      = name + "Host";
        baseEngine.setName(baseEngineName);        baseEngine.setDefaultHost(hostName);
        //set host        // ** host name doesnt seem to change the url **        baseHost
= embedded.createHost(hostName, WEBAPPS);        baseHost.addAlias("myHost");        baseEngine.addChild(baseHost);

Please tell me how to change the default localhost URL string or point me in the right direction.

(i searched google and came up empty)

thanksAlex
http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx