tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Leucht, Axel" <Axel.Leu...@prodv.de>
Subject Weird problem
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 13:17:11 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently in desparate search for a problem I'm facing...

I do have a struts-webapp running under Tomcat 4 without any problems.

I started to port the application to Tomcat 5 which gives me problems. The app start ok and
everything looks ok. But when I try to call one specific action, Tomcat gives me "The requested
resource (Invalid path was requested) is not available."

The action is mapped to a JSP-file which in turn calls another action, which under tomcat
5 doesn't happen!

    <action path="/toggleOverview" type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction" parameter="/jsp/components/ToggleOverviewMap.jsp"/>
    <action path="/refresh" type="myClass.RefreshAction" name="basicForm" scope="request">
            <forward name="mainSuccess" path="path"/>
    </action>

In ToggleOverviewMap.jsp
  String url = "refresh.do?caller=" + caller + "&instanceNumber=" +instNrStr;
  RequestDispatcher rd = request.getRequestDispatcher(url);
  rd.forward(request, response);

The breakpoint on the execute-method in the Refresh-action is never reached, instead the above
mentioned execption is raised.

Does anyone have a clue on what the problem mght be? As I said, the app runs fine under tomcat
4 but doesn't work under tomcat 5

Any help is greatly appreciated.

/Axel