tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.5.20 application context set using Path?
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 19:09:50 GMT
> From: Vigorito, Nicholas E. [mailto:NICHOLAS.E.VIGORITO@saic.com]
> Subject: Tomcat 5.5.20 application context set using Path?
>
> I have a web app that is located outside the webapps
> directory. Put the context file app_name.xml in the
> conf/Catalina/localhost directory. The context has a
> docBase attribute that points to the directory and has
> a path attribute.

You were o.k. up to that point.  The path attribute must not be used;
instead, insure that the name of the file containing your <Context>
element is the path you wish to use for your webapp.  Recent versions of
Tomcat got rid of the redundancy and ambiguity of the path attribute.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.