tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: New Problem to configure servlet on Tomcat
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 13:38:38 GMT
> From: Fabbris Pierluigi [mailto:pierluigi.fabbris@poste.it]
> Subject: New Problem to configure servlet on Tomcat
>
> I've configured Servlet on Tomcat, and more problem I've
> resolved, but I've this problem:
>
> java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for
> base name LocalStrings, locale it_IT

Tomcat is delivered with internationalization for only a few languages:
English, Spanish, French, and Japanese - but not Italian.  If you want
to include Italian, take one of the existing tomcat-i18n-xx.jar files in
the lib directory and translate all the properties files therein,
renaming each with a _it suffix, and creating a new tomcat-i18n-it.jar
file.  (The English LocalStrings.properties files are inside the main
catalina.jar file.)  Don't know if the committers would accept the
addition should someone choose to submit it, but there's always hope.

Or you could just change the locale to one of the included values.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.