tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Recovery from OutOfMemoryError?
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 13:46:05 GMT
> From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:chris@christopherschultz.net]
> Subject: Re: Recovery from OutOfMemoryError?
>
> I generally think of this as "failure return" as simply allowing the
> exception to propagate.

That can work, but since OOMEs don't require "throws" declarations on
methods, it's usually better for the lump of code that took the original
hit to wrapper the OOME in something unique to the function.  This also
helps in getting the programmers who write code that calls the lump in
question to think about the issue.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.