tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "vaibhav vashishtha" <vaibhav...@gmail.com>
Subject Facing problems with class loaders in tomcat 5.0
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:56:25 GMT
Hi list,

i am currently facing a problem with the class loaders of tomcat 5.0

i need a no of common jar files to be accessed by multiple web apps which
are deployed in the webapps directory of tomcat

Problem description:

1. Need to place the common jars(to different web applications) at a central
location which can be accessed by different web applications at runtime

What i have tried:

1. I have tried placing the jars in the shared/lib and common/lib
directories but of no avail : tomcat doesn't start
2. I have put the jars in the root directory of webapps folder : tomcat
starts but web app fails to initialize

Main Concerns:

1. the jars should be accessible at runtime.
2. is there a way to configure the common and shared classloaders for
accessing the jars at runtime