tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stasa Jerinic" <stasa.jeri...@dato.at>
Subject AW: Problem calling the Web-Application by Alias name
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 08:50:18 GMT
I'm using only one Host. And I will to call the webapplication not through http://dato.at:8080/app
but buy http://dato.app.at that I inserted as a Alias.

Greeting,

if you are only using one <Host> element in server.xml, then you don't
need any aliases at all, get rid of them. all your requests will go to
that host/app anyway

filip

Stasa Jerinic wrote:
> Hallo,
> I'm using Tomcat 5.0. For my web-application I use Hibernate, Struts and Struts-Layout
Frameworks.
> I have following problem:
> By starting my application with http://localhost:8080/app or http://my_computer_name:8080/app
I can normally work with application. I can log me and so on.
> But in server.xml I inserted in <Host ...> part the tag <Alias>domainname</Alias>.
By calling the web-application with dommainame that I inserted in Alias tag, I get the
> web-application but when I try to login me in the application it fails (same behaviour
like as the session is switched off).
is loading the adress is changed from domainname to http://my_computer_name:8080/app.