tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <>
Subject Re: Extra fields in form authentication
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:51:39 GMT

Mark and Diego,

Mark Thomas wrote:
> Diego Manilla Suárez wrote:
>> Hi. I need two extra fields in my login form, other than j_username
>> and j_password.

>> Is there a simpler and/or nicer way to do what I want?
> Take a look at
> I haven't used it, but from the posts I have seen on this list, there
>  is a good chance it will do what you want.

It can do what you want, but it takes some work. In order to accept
parameters other than j_username and j_password, you basically have to
write your own authenticator, which isn't a big deal. You just implement
a particular interface with a method like
authenticate(HttpServletRequest) and do whatever you want.

> It also has the added advantage that it will be portable between
> containers.

This is one of the best reasons to use securityfilter.

- -chris
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -

To start a new topic, e-mail: