tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Stavrinides <p.stavrini...@albourne.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat jsessionid and mod_rewrite
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:20:59 GMT
Although I am not responsible for the front end, I seem to recall we use
mod_proxy for the reverse proxy. We have front end Apache web servers
that listen for requests externally, internally I can access Tomcat
directly. mod_rewrite is used to make our applications on Tomcat and
Apache appear as one.

I use a Java Servlet on Tomcat 5.5.20 with JDK 6.02 ... What I am
curious to know is if the cookie gets set correctly with this
configuration? could the proxy be interfering with normal Tomcat operation?

Is your webapp using a session cookie (JSESSIONID)?
I don't explicitly do anything, Tomcat handles this, but yes.
Peter