tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Stavrinides <p.stavrini...@albourne.com>
Subject Tomcat jsessionid and mod_rewrite
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:01:42 GMT
Hi all

My question involves Tomcat in conjunction with Apache and mod_rewrite.
Tomcat appends a jsessionid to the first request, but not to subsequent
requests, which is normal behaviour. When I access my Servlet directly
through Tomcat that is precisely what I get.

But when I redirect requests through Apache and mod_rewrite for some
reason the session id is being appended to every subsequent request. I
can remove this of course using a filter, but before I do so, can anyone
explain to me why this is happening?

Thanks
Peter