tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Fwd: regarding a bug while verifying that a server can start.
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 17:54:02 GMT
Hi Neha.

Please do not set the CLASSPATH or make any attempt to make the startup
pay attention to it.  jsp-api and servlet-api are already stored where
they will be found.  mysql-connector-java should be removed from the
jre's lib/ext directory and placed in tomcat's common/lib folder.

context.xml -- which context.xml?  The one in tomcat's conf should need
no modification.

server.xml -- the invoker servlet isn't specified there.  This will most
likely break things.

The default ROOT webapp needs no credentials and shouldn't prompt you
for any username or password.

Lastly, F: ???  Is this a mapped network drive or a physical drive
attached to the system.

--David