tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Apache authentication information (remoteuser) not visible in Tomcat
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2007 13:52:49 GMT
Hi.

I'm in the same boat as you in using an apache httpd module to
authenticate users and have had it working for a few years now.  Your
configuration looked good as far as I could tell.  Here are a couple of
suggestions though.

1. I'm not sure what 'JkEnvVar REMOTE_USER' is doing in your  apache
config.  I've never used it and have what you are working on working
flawlessly.

2. Drop all those documenting comments and example configuration from
your server.xml.  You could make a copy of it named server.xml.original
if you want.  The commented parts are excellent documentation, but
hamper readability of the active parts.

3. Restart Tomcat.  I'm not sure if you restarted after you added
tomcatAuthentication="false" to the connector, but it needs to happen.

--David