tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5.23: adding datasource to /conf/context.xml without restarting server to find it?
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 09:53:31 GMT
Then I don't think you can avoid a restart of tomcat.  The only other
method of defining a jdbc pool shared across webapps involves defining
it in the <GlobalNamingResources>...</GlobalNamingResources> of
conf/server.xml and that also requires a restart.

Pick your poison -- one db pool per webapp restarting each webapp or one
db pool across all webapps restarting tomcat on change.

--David