tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5.23: adding datasource to /conf/context.xml without restarting server to find it?
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:35:13 GMT
Ok... this begs the question: Why did you add the datasource to
$TOMCAT_BASE/conf/context.xml?  The datasource should be in your
individual webapp's context.xml file where all you have to do is restart
the webapp via the manager webapp.

shunhecun wrote:

>I added a jdbc datasource to $TOMCAT_BASE/conf/context.xml using W3C DOM.
>But I have to restart the server find the new resource.
>I wonder is there a way to add new resources to
>$TOMCAT_BASE/conf/context.xml on Tomcat 5.5.23, without restarting server to
>find it?

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: