tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Montague <markm...@umich.edu>
Subject Re: Single Sign On
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:25:14 GMT
On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 07:00, "Andrew Hole" <andremailinglist@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Single sign on using valve is interesting, but is it possible use him if I
> have different application running in different tomcat instances?
>
> I think that only works with different applications under same tomcat
> instance.

For enterprise-wide single-sign-on to all web resources, whether
applications or static content, and with support for a wide variety of
web servers (including Tomcat, but also Apache HTTPD, Microsoft IIS, and
others), take a look at any of the following:

cosign - http://weblogin.org/
Pubcookie - http://www.pubcookie.org/
CAS - http://www.ja-sig.org/products/cas/
WebAuth - http://www.stanford.edu/services/webauth/