tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: 20 Tips for Using Tomcat in Production
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2007 00:04:22 GMT

#6 - Shared classloaders are evil, but not as evil as the invoker
servlet. With a  shared loader you can easily get Singleton assumptions
being wrong, class cast exceptions, versioning woes, and other issues.
Saving a little perm memory just doesn't justify it.

#7 - You should have a staging environment just like production. Your
development environment can just be a laptop which will probably
somewhat underpowered compared to your production instance.

-Tim