tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: - Error -404 resources not found
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2007 11:26:37 GMT
What lines in what web.xml (yes, there is more than one web.xml) have
you commented out and what's the URL you are requesting?

--David

nowled@excite.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just installed TomCat (6 .*.) on a Windows XP server:
>
>  1. I setup the system variables Java_Home to my JDK (Not JDK Bin)
>  2.  I edited my Context.xml file second tag line to <Context reloadable="true">
>  3. And I commented out some lines Web.xml files (mapping,invoking)
>
>  When I run TOMCat from the command line, it loads properly with no problem, but when
I open up Any browser (firefox, internet explorer)  I get an error -404 resources not found.

>    I have uninstalled TOMCAT and JDK and reinstalled them, and get the same problem.
I even checked the TOMCAT logs, but the logs don't mention anything out of the ordinary. I
even checked TOMCATs documentation, but it seems that I have done everything right.

> I even did this on 3 machines with same problems, so it must be ME! who is the problem.
Has anyone ever had this problem.