tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: JDBC connection issue
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:25:48 GMT
Right ... tomcat 6's version of common/lib/ is simply lib/

Location of the driver jars is not entirely as simple as either in your
webapp or on the container's lib directory.  Like the Highlander (good
movie if you haven't seen it), there can be only one.  If another webapp
is using it and it's in either common/lib/ or lib/ depending on your
tomcat version, you can't have a copy in your webapp's WEB-INF/lib folder.

--David