tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Kerle <matthew.ke...@sra.com.au>
Subject Re: catalina error log
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 04:52:39 GMT
you're missing the Apache Portable Runtime library from your PATH
variable. this  is not a serious problem, but if you don't want to get
this error then download the version of the library for your OS and
install it to a directory on your PATH (eg - %JAVA_HOME%/bin, or another
dir and add it to your path)
http://apr.apache.org/download.cgi

the apr is a performance enhancer, it basically allows tomcat (or any
application) to use the same fast file access (among other functions) as
the HTTPD web server. If you don't have it you don't lose anything, but
the error message is annoying.

hope this helps.

Hoa Doan wrote:
> I have tomcat 6 and it is getting the jvm.dll from my "jre1.6.0_02/bin/client" directory.
 Everytime I start it I get the message below.  My server is able to parse file but the message
scares me...  So how do i fix the this message?

> "Aug 16, 2007 12:32:22 AM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
> INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production
environments was not found on the java.library.path: C:\Tomcat6\bin;.;C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program
Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\;D:\server\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin;C:\Program Files\ImageConverter
Plus;"

> Thank you,
> Hoa

Matthew Kerle IT Consultant