tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: IIS redirect to Apache
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 21:19:07 GMT
Yes, this will be possible with the plugin. Be careful: a redirect is
something else (it sends the browser a new URL, to which it should
connect). A reverse proxy send the request forward to another servber
and returns the response to the browser in a way, such that the browser
will not notice the indirect setup.

A necessary precondition is, that you can relatively easily decide,
which URLs should be handled by your .NET app, and which ones you will
forward. Good criteria would be URL prefixes and similar easy rules.
Such rules can be used for the plugin, to configure, which requests the
plugin sould handle.

The plugin is also able to do very basic replacements in the URLs before
forwarding them.

Regards,

Rainer