tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Multi-Gigabyte Uploads, Tomcat 2GB and higher uploads
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 20:05:12 GMT
There have been fixes for >2GB size uploads and downloads between June
10 and June 5. If we assume, that those fixes will help, you've got a
coupe of options:

- try with Tomcat 6.0.14, which already contains the fixes. This is a
major update, but since you are already using Java 5+, you shoujld be
able to do it in much less than a day.

- we plan to tag a new 5.5 release very soon (end of the week or shortly
after). If the tag looks good, you can expect a new 5.5 release in
around 2-4 weeks. A 5.5.25 tarball will be available earlier (likely
first half of next week), so you can already test it, although it will
not be officially released at that time.

- You can build your own 5.5 from the sources in the publicly available
source code management system subversion.

Of course we don't know, if there will be more problems related to libs
and the platform with the big uploads and downloads, but at least we
checked, that Tomcat itself handles the Content-Length headers correctly
with the above mentioned fixes.

In case you additionally combine Tomcat with Apache HTTPD or IIS via
mod_jk/isapi redirector: the same problem (handling large file contents)
has been fixed there recently. This is included in release 1.2.24 of
this web server plugin.

Regards,

Rainer