tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <>
Subject Re: IIS redirect to Apache
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:55:18 GMT
Hi Tony,

the Tomcat project has a sub project called Tomcat Connectors or simply
JK. It produces web server plugins to connect the most important web
servers directly to Tomcat via a special protocol named AJP. Tomcat has
an incoming AJP connector built-in.

The Tomcat connectors include Apache httpd modules as well as an IIS
ISAPI plugin and a Netscape/Sun NSAPI plugin.

So you would need to download

an appropriate binary of the IIS plugin, configure and include the
plugin correctly for your IIS to establish a reverse proxy function for
your IIS. The most recent version of the plugin is 1.2.25.

The Tomcat connectors website

contains documentation. The IIS plugin documentation might not be the
best part of it, but in case you get stuck, you can post more specific
questions to this list.

I assume, that by "Apache" in your post you always meant Tomcat. If you
meant Apache HTTPD web server, then I might have not completely
understood your actual or planned setup.

Tony Fountain wrote:
> Hi,
> Scenario: we purchased a product written in Java to integrate into our
> reporting tool.  Our setup is such that our web application is written
> in .NET and hosted on a web farm using IIS (5 or 6 depending on the
> environment).  The product we purchased runs under Apache Tomcat/5.5.23
> using 1.5.0_12-b04.  The product is integrated into our web portal using
> frames and sending URL requests to Apache.  We are running into issues
> with javascript code from the product generating errors for what I
> suspect may be related to crossing domains (our web site and the Apache
> server).  I figure I can resolve this by generating a proxy on the IIS
> server to handle the request to the Apache server.
> My question is does anyone have any pointers on how to setup this type
> of proxy?
> Thanks,
> Tony

To start a new topic, e-mail: