tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: IIS redirect to Apache
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:55:18 GMT
Hi Tony,

the Tomcat project has a sub project called Tomcat Connectors or simply
JK. It produces web server plugins to connect the most important web
servers directly to Tomcat via a special protocol named AJP. Tomcat has
an incoming AJP connector built-in.

The Tomcat connectors include Apache httpd modules as well as an IIS
ISAPI plugin and a Netscape/Sun NSAPI plugin.

So you would need to download

http://tomcat.apache.org/download-connectors.cgi

an appropriate binary of the IIS plugin, configure and include the
plugin correctly for your IIS to establish a reverse proxy function for
your IIS. The most recent version of the plugin is 1.2.25.

The Tomcat connectors website

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/

contains documentation. The IIS plugin documentation might not be the
best part of it, but in case you get stuck, you can post more specific
questions to this list.

I assume, that by "Apache" in your post you always meant Tomcat. If you
meant Apache HTTPD web server, then I might have not completely
understood your actual or planned setup.

Regards,

Rainer