tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: ClientAbortException / Broken Pipe?!
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 14:14:59 GMT
Just as another tidbit in the pot, I get these errors frequently with
Websphere, both with and without a web server in front of it, and also
both with and without a proxy involved, so it's definitely not
Tomcat-specific, nor is it definitively anything involving a proxy
(although both could somehow be contributing factors in this particular
case).

One thing we did notice is that the problem was more frequent when we
started using Dojo... now, I'm not blaming Dojo, but I wonder if maybe
its something along the lines of the browser opening a connection to see
if a particular JS file is fresh, then determining the local copy is
fresh, and instead of properly closing the connection it somehow aborts
it incorrectly... that wouldn't in the least surprise me with IE...
although you'd expect to see that error all the time, so I don't know,
maybe it's the way Dojo's package/import system works.  Just an
observation though.

Frank

--
Frank W. Zammetti