tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: ClientAbortException / Broken Pipe?!
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 14:10:40 GMT
Ronald Klop wrote:
> ClientAbortException means the user canceled the download (the 'client
> aborted'). There is nothing you can do about that on the server.

Yeah, that's the answer you'll find most frequently if you spend time
Googling for that exception, but anecdotally you'll find that more times
than not, there's no evidence of the browser being closed or the client
aborting (pressing Stop) while a page is loading.  There's definitely
something else going on in a great many cases, and I'm at least happy to
know that I'm not alone in not having found the real answer yet :

Frank

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect