tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Kerle <matthew.ke...@sra.com.au>
Subject Re: Removing the port identifier
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 04:59:56 GMT
well spotted, I apologise! the correct connector is mod_jk (1.2).  As
for running tomcat on low ports, it depends on deployment. if your app
needs to sit within a larger site then it makes sense, but if it's
standalone then using another method to run on a low port would be a
better solution.

If the application has a lot of static content then it makes good
performance sense to put something in front of it, either apache or
squid. but that's probably not an issue in this case...;-p !

--

* Matthew Kerle
** IT Consultant* **

Mobile: +61404 096 863