tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Kerle <matthew.ke...@sra.com.au>
Subject Re: NoSuchMethod shutdown error
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 04:01:36 GMT
also, I noticed that you have some "Failed Shutdown of Apache Portable
Runtime" errors, if you want to make that message go away grab the APR
native library for your platform and drop it into %JAVA_HOME%/bin

symptoms:
on startup something like the following gets printed out:
INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance
in production environments was not found on the java.library.path

and on shutdown->
INFO: Failed shutdown of Apache Portable Runtime

Basically,  tomcat looks for a native library that lets it do funky
stuff related to performance. In development we don't usually care about
performance, but if you want to get rid of those messages, then the
easiest way is to drop the tomcat native dll onto the system path, the
best place being %JAVA_HOME%/bin

read about the APR:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/apr.html

I downloaded it here: